U.S. News & World Report featured Decide in its Top 13 Tips for Holiday Shopping. We like their advice and want to share some of their best tips:
- Take advantage of price wars. Retailers are changing their prices constantly, sometimes up to 20 times a day. That means lower prices across the board, in-store price matching, and opportunities for great savings with very time-sensitive sales.
- You can view Black Friday ads online before they appear in your local newspaper at sites like BlackFriday.com and BFads.net, but while you’re planning which lines you’re going to get in come Friday (which we don’t advise), be careful and don’t take retailers’ advertised savings at face value.
- Daily deal sites are difficult to track, but if you don’t shop impulsively and wait for what you want, they’re a great deal. Groupon, the biggest of these sites, just took a big step toward making sure you don’t miss out on that good deal by getting rid of their time restrictions.
- Use these tricks to avoid paying for shipping online: Buy in bulk, join a shipping club like Amazon Prime, look into “Free Shipping Day” (Dec 17th), and try out same-day delivery and in-store pickup experiments.
- Finally, don’t leave home without your phone. It can help you navigate all that awful holiday traffic with Google Maps. You can use Black Friday specific apps like Macy’s & eBay’s joint app, and you can do price comparisons & product reviews on our site or with our new iPhone app. Show a store employee an online price we list for a product and you might get an instant discount!
What are your best tips for holiday shopping? Post in the comments and we’ll give you a shout-out.